Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting




          Painting is really hard. It was difficult to find a place to start, but after looking through quite a few National Geographic magazines I found inspiration from a picture I found of a lightning storm and a picture of tropical trees over water. Before I even started painting, I made a plan for what I was going to do. I just drew out some lightning and trees and water on plain paper. Then I choose a color scheme. I was a little indecisive at first, but I settled on a blue analogous color scheme. Analogous means that all the colors used in your art are closely related on the color wheel, and in my case I only used variations of blue, violet, blue-green, green, and lighter green. It seemed hard to make a painting out of just those colors at first, but there are countless numbers of tints (a color + white), shades (a color + black), and intensities (a color + its complimentary).
          My sky was the lightning storm; my background was the water; my middle ground was the trees; and my foreground was the bare land with a boat on it. There's not much light in the painting, because it's taking place in a storm, so all of the light comes from the lightning. While painting I didn't really notice what kinds of brush strokes I was using.


No comments:

Post a Comment