Monday, December 2, 2013

Figure Drawings

Desmond
Ed
Caroline

    It’s very important to have the right proportions in a figure drawing, otherwise your drawing could end up looking like a weird alien (or simply something that’s not human) Having correct proportions has everything to do with anatomy. Honestly, if your anatomy is right by default so are your proportions. 
    Practice makes perfect, so all of the time we spent practicing figure and gesture drawing helped a lot. We watched a couple videos about gesture drawing, which helped me understand the technical things about it (such as time management, technique, etc.)
    My work kind of always looks not good and this time was really no different. Since my anatomy didn't look right, neither did the drawings. What I'm trying to say is that gesture drawing didn't hurt my art skills, but it also only helped a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment