Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bag Drawing


Why is value important and how do you feel you achieved the look of the bag through volume
Value will give an object dimension and make it look realistic. Real things have many areas of lightness and darkness, cast shadows, and are three-dimensional.    


Discuss how you used the material and your successes and challenges with this project. 
My main challenge with this project was that the top half of the bag looks very light compared to the bottom half. The reason is that I shaded the bottom half too darkly, so I limited myself in the values I could add. If I tried to make some of the creases on top look as dark as on the bottom it wouldn't make sense, considering the bottom half of the bag was completely cast in shadow. I think I did succeed with the all the creases of the bag and the shadow beneath it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment